Welcome

If you enjoy the the wind on your face and open sky before you, you have come to a good place to find the romance and flavor of the West.

Celebrate Freedom!

FreeFoto.com
Celebrating freedom, what a wonderful thought! I have been blessed to be born and to live in a free country, the United States of America. Even when I traveled to countries in the world were people are not free, I always had the knowledge that I was returning to my home in the USA. And I have been one of those who after a long journey clapped as the plane landed again on US soil. Back home in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

But more than my freedom as a US citizen I celebrate my freedom as a child of God, a Christian. In Christ I am truly free no matter what part of the world I live in and no matter what civil governments do, I am free.

When I think of freedom, I remember the story of Joseph in the book of Genesis. Scholars think he was about seventeen when his older brothers sold him into slavery. He was the pampered favorite of his father one day, and the next day he was a slave. As far as the Biblical record informs us, he never regained his physical freedom. However, when I read the full story of Joseph, I sense the heart of a man who was forever free in his life with his God. By keeping his eye on God the Father rather than his circumstances, he remained free to love, free to serve, free to forgive, and free to worship.

Yes, today let's celebrate our freedom, especially our freedom in Christ.

A J Hawke

1 comment:

Tina Dee Books said...

Great post, AJ! Thanks for the reminder about where, and in Whom, our true freedom lies.

 

Subscribe to this blog via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I love the wind in my face, the open sky before me, the romance and flavor of the West, but, most of all, our loving and living God, who created it all. I love how He works out His plans in the realm of human events, which is His Story. I have been blessed with a gift: a compulsion to write Historical and present-day novels set in the American West that demonstrate His power to transform ordinary people into true heroes and heroines. I am just a scribe really. I find the joy of participating in the creation of inspirational fiction indescribable. May our Lord Jesus Christ receive all of the credit and be glorified.

Popular Posts

Followers

Blogger news

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *